Do you love novels based on true stories? Do you find the risks more perilous, the setbacks more crushing, the overcoming more courageous? If you’re like me, you just said yes.
I love to read those kinds of books as well as write them.
I write stories that immerse you in the people, culture, politics, discoveries, trials, and celebrations of an era in history.
My deepest desire is you’ll enjoy a gripping story while going beyond what you know (or think you know) about the story’s characters and settings. Immerse yourself at the intersection of first-century biblical and global events … the mid-1500s’ clash of religion and politics as seen through the eyes of a nun and a midwife … and more. Enjoy a “go beyond” experience that leaves you a little different from when you first picked up the book. That’s the theme at the heart of all my novels–and the beauty of what I call “living history. Join the adventure with me!
When I was losing my life’s greatest battle, God saved my life. Literally. A few years later, He nudged me to start writing novels.
I’d spent decades writing for the medical community … but creative writing? God has a sense of humor.
More about that later. But for now, a quick snapshot of me:
- Total science, history, and archaeology geek
- Love true stories of grit and “going beyond”
- Master’s degree in counseling
- Clinical laboratory scientist
- Hiking is my favorite exercise and vacation
- Believe in “I can” regardless of what people say
- Moved cross-country (alone) 3x to be treated for a near-fatal case of Lyme disease
- Beat the odds to LIVE
- Fearless at calling out a career Crossfit guy for parking his truck in a handicapped spot
- Can’t ride roller coasters (neck injury)
- Live for creating “aha” moments in writing
- Pretend I live in the mountains (but actually live on the 4th floor of a building on flat land)
- Believe many problems can be solved with common sense and chai tea, but God can solve every problem
Writing is an adventure—much like hiking. Often humbling, always exciting. You’re never the same afterwards. In one way or another, you go beyond what you were before. In ways large or small, you overcome. I pray the same happens when you read my books.
Would you like to sample my writing? I’d love to send you this free e-short.
Simply enter your email address to get The Choice.
As a thank-you, I’ll send you advance notices of book releases, events, free downloads, and other useful (but never intrusive) information.
The Bible, archaeology, and other sources are brimming with fascinating history and politics that provide the backdrops for my books. Here’s a fast way to learn a bit about the first-century world depicted in my writing.
Recent Blog Posts
Yes, this title is a spin on “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes.” But today God burdened me to talk about silt, not smoke. Silt plays a huge role in world history, and it affects us as well. The two sides to silt Silt is mineral-rich, itty-bitty stuff created when glaciers…
Grace seems to be in short supply these days. Maybe people are too wrapped up in their opinions to give grace to anyone who disagrees with them. On a more basic level, maybe they don’t know what grace really means. I thought I did. Until I studied the word. Grace:…