Lana Christian, author
Immersive stories from history
Do you love novels based on true stories? Do you find the risks more perilous, the setbacks more crushing, the overcoming more courageous? If you’re like me, you just said yes.
I love to read those kinds of books as well as write them.
I write stories that immerse you in the people, culture, politics, discoveries, trials, and celebrations of an era in history.
My deepest desire is you’ll enjoy a gripping story while going beyond what you know (or think you know) about the story’s characters and settings. Immerse yourself at the intersection of first-century biblical and global events … the mid-1500s’ clash of religion and politics as seen through the eyes of a nun and a midwife … and more. Enjoy a “go beyond” experience that leaves you a little different from when you first picked up the book. That theme undergirds all my novels. Join the adventure of “living history” with me!
When I was losing my life’s greatest battle, God saved my life. Literally. A few years later, He nudged me to start writing novels.
I’d spent decades writing for the medical community … but creative writing? God has a sense of humor.
More about that later. But for now, a quick snapshot of me:
- Science, history, and archaeology geek
- Love true stories of grit and “going beyond”
- Adore secret staircases, houses’ mysterious third floors, jazz music, and chai tea
- Hiking is my favorite exercise and vacation
- Master’s degree in counseling
- Clinical laboratory scientist
- Believe in “I can” regardless of what people say
- Moved cross-country (alone) 3x to be treated for a near-fatal case of Lyme disease
- Beat the odds to LIVE
- Can’t ride roller coasters (neck injury)
- Live to create “aha” moments in writing
- Pretend I live in the mountains (but actually live on the 4th floor of a building on flat land)
- Believe many problems can be solved with common sense (and chai tea), but God can solve every problem
Writing is an adventure—much like hiking. Often humbling, always exciting. You’re never the same afterwards. In one way or another, you go beyond what you were before. In ways large or small, you overcome. I pray the same happens when you read my books.
Would you like to sample my writing? I’d love to send you this free e-short.
Simply enter your email address to get The Choice.
As a thank-you, I’ll send you advance notices of book releases, events, free downloads, and other useful (but never intrusive) information.
The Bible, archaeology, and other sources are brimming with fascinating history and politics that provide the backdrops for my books. Here’s a fast way to learn a bit about the first-century world depicted in my writing.
Recent Blog Posts
The last eighteen months have caused many people to question or blame God for all the bad that’s happened—especially when it affected them personally. Count me with the questioners. I wondered if I’d experience joy again. In fact, even the concept of joy became fuzzy. Joy’s wellspring When was the…
Last week, Memorial Day prompted us to honor the fallen in our Armed Forces. It’s sobering to think about dead people, but the Bible tells us death isn’t the end of our story. Paradoxically, the Bible also talks about fighting death. I don’t know about you, but that’s a head-scratcher…