Lana Christian, author
Immersive stories from history
Do you love novels based on true stories? Do you find the risks more perilous, the setbacks more crushing, the overcoming more courageous? If you’re like me, you just said yes.
I love to read those kinds of books as well as write them.
I write stories that immerse you in the people, culture, politics, discoveries, trials, and celebrations of an era in history.
My deepest desire is you’ll enjoy a gripping story while going beyond what you know (or think you know) about the story’s characters and settings. Immerse yourself at the intersection of first-century biblical and global events … the mid-1500s’ clash of religion and politics as seen through the eyes of a nun and a midwife … and more. Enjoy a “go beyond” experience that leaves you a little different from when you first picked up the book. That theme undergirds all my novels. Join the adventure of “living history” with me!
When I was losing my life’s greatest battle, God saved my life. Literally. A few years later, He nudged me to start writing novels.
I’d spent decades writing for the medical community … but creative writing? God has a sense of humor.
More about that later. But for now, a quick snapshot of me:
- Science, history, and archaeology geek
- Love true stories of grit and “going beyond”
- Adore secret staircases, houses’ mysterious third floors, jazz music, and chai tea
- Hiking is my favorite exercise and vacation
- Master’s degree in counseling
- Clinical laboratory scientist
- Believe in “I can” regardless of what people say
- Moved cross-country (alone) 3x to be treated for a near-fatal case of Lyme disease
- Beat the odds to LIVE
- Can’t ride roller coasters (neck injury)
- Live to create “aha” moments in writing
- Pretend I live in the mountains (but actually live on the 4th floor of a building on flat land)
- Believe many problems can be solved with common sense (and chai tea), but God can solve every problem
Writing is an adventure—much like hiking. Often humbling, always exciting. You’re never the same afterwards. In one way or another, you go beyond what you were before. In ways large or small, you overcome. I pray the same happens when you read my books.
Would you like to sample my writing? I’d love to send you this free e-short.
Simply enter your email address to get The Choice.
As a thank-you, I’ll send you advance notices of book releases, events, free downloads, and other useful (but never intrusive) information.
The Bible, archaeology, and other sources are brimming with fascinating history and politics that provide the backdrops for my books. Here’s a fast way to learn a bit about the first-century world depicted in my writing.
Recent Blog Posts
Last weekend I watched the 2020 movie Fatima, which chronicles three Portugese children’s experiences in seeing and talking with the Virgin Mary. The real-life events of 1917 are told through flashbacks as a journalist interviews an aged Sister Lucia, the only one of the three children to live to adulthood.…
John Krasinski’s program Some Good News was a light in the darkness of 2020. Between March and May, it garnered more than 72 million views and 2.5 million YouTube subscribers. People flocked to it like moths to a flame. Last year’s darkness reminded me how God is light without any darkness…